Christopher Alex, AIA, NCARB, LEED AP
“I think clients keep coming back to Kollin Altomare because they understand and respect the amount of knowledge that we bring, particularly in the field of hospitality.”
Before joining Kollin Altomare in 2013, Chris Alex had already amassed 10+ years of architectural and project management experience. But his career path began the day he was born. Raised in a family of builders, Chris grew up in the world of construction, so he knew how to bring a vision to life. What piqued his interest was creating that vision as an architect. After earning his B.S. in Architecture from the University of Minnesota, he spent time travelling and studying in Mexico before relocating to Los Angeles for graduate studies at USC.
Licensed in both his native Wisconsin and California, Chris has developed a wide range of hospitality and commercial experience throughout the US as well as in Shanghai, China.
Chris is instrumental in taking a hands-on approach with clients to realize their vision and ensure close communication with the design team.
- Sheraton Los Angeles San Gabriel Hotel, CA
- Viceroy L’Ermitage Hotel in Beverly Hills, CA (Complete Renovation of all Public Areas, Guestrooms and Corridors)
- Balboa Bay Resort, CA (Renovation of Guestrooms and Corridors)
- The Ritz-Carlton, Marina del Rey, CA (Renovation of Guestrooms, Corridors, Meeting Rooms and Ballroom)
- Mosaic Hotel, Beverly Hills, CA (Complete Renovation of Hotel and Pool Deck)
- The London West Hollywood Hotel, CA (Lobby Bar and Restaurant Renovation)